Featured Post

OPINION: Built Environment Professionals' participation in upcoming national elections is vital

Mlondi Cele, a Built Environment Professional, emphasizes the significance of the upcoming national elections for the construction and built sectors. He encourages stakeholders to actively participate and articulate their expectations to influence economic policies and attract investments. Cele believes that the involvement of industry professionals and stakeholders in the elections can positively impact the industry's future and create favorable outcomes for all. The South African elections are of paramount importance to the construction and built sectors, as they have the potential to significantly influence their future trajectories. Economic, policy, and regulatory changes stemming from the elections can either catalyze growth or present novel challenges. Consequently, it is a pivotal juncture for stakeholders in these industries to actively participate in the electoral process and advocate for their interests. The construction and built environment industry plays a central rol

PROFILE: My journey to Professional Registration - Kojo Hudson

Construction Professional Kojo Hudson shares his journey towards Professional registration to encourage Hardhat Professionals who are considering taking the same journey.


When I embarked on this journey for Professional Registration I had to overcome many obstacles. I have a very demanding career and as a result it was very difficult for me to make  the time to sit down and put together my reports. I had to sacrifice time with family and friends to ensure I got this done. 


I soldiered on because I have always viewed Professional registration as a fundamental statutory condition for practicing on your own accord and proof of experience, knowledge, transparency, ethical standards. I also believed the registration is essential for handling clients' assets.


The journey has been good especially for my confidence, knowing that I hold myself to an ethical standard feels good. Being professionally registered means I need to tread with caution and ensure that my clients interests are always put forward.


ALSO READ: My journey to Professional Registration - Zintle Dayeni


I highly recommend this journey to all Hardhat Professionals however it isn't for the faint hearted. There will be times when quitting will feel like the best option, but I advise you not to give into those thoughts. As a Hardhat Professional there is an expectation of high standards of service and belonging to a body like the SACPCMP is a guarantee and proof of professionalism and competency.


Kojo Hudson is a Professional Construction Project Manager (Pr.CPM) who is a a passionate Project Manager and a qualified Quantity Surveyor with a solid 10 years experience in an interesting mix of construction and consulting for healthcare, industrial and commercial sectors in both Capex Developments and Opex Facilities Maintenance work.

If you are Hardhat Professional (Construction/Built Environment Professional) you are also invited to share your journey to professional registration by submitting your details here


Comments